The reason VMRC is such a great place to live is because we make it a great place to work.
As a continuing care retirement community, we offer independent living, a wellness center, outpatient rehab, assisted living, memory care, complete living care, and transitional care with in-patient rehab. We have more than 440 employees and are looking to hire more - specifically in our growing Woodland Park community. These unique opportunities, as a Shahbaz, provide great satisfaction if you're looking to make a difference.
We strive to promote relationships that strengthen our sense of community and commitment, where serving as we work, giving more than is expected, and treating each other with kindness and respect becomes a way of life.
For more information about our open positions, please call the Human Resources team at (540) 438-4225 or email email@example.com.
Employment Application / Current Opportunities
Our employment application system works best on a desktop or laptop computer as cell phones and tablets are not as user-friendly. If you should receive an error message and are unable to access the system, please try using a different browser. For example, if you are using Chrome try using Internet Explorer or Firefox. Another suggestion is to disable plug-ins.
If you do not have computer access and/or would like assistance completing the application, please stop by our Administrative Offices located at 1501 Virginia Avenue anytime Monday - Friday between
Employment Questions / Contact Information
Want to Become a CNA? / Tuition Reimbursement
If you are not currently certified as a CNA and you are interested in pursuing a career in this field please review the information provided below about 2 (two) local CNA certification programs. Tuition reimbursement for recent CNA traning is also available upon employment at VMRC.
Massanutten Technical Center
325 Pleasant Valley Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
- When are classes held? Nurse Aide classes at MTC are offered several times throughout the year and are held in the morning, afternoon or evening.
- Program Cost: $910.00 (includes textbook)
- To enroll or request additional information: Contact the Continuing Education Department at MTC (540) 434-5962.
Blue Ridge Community College
One College Lane
Weyers Cave, Virginia 24486
- Nurse Aide Orientation (Required): 2nd Thursday of every month from 4:00PM - 5:30PM @ Plecker Center
- Program Cost: $1,686.00 [$562 if you qualify for the Workforce Credential Grant (WCG)] In addition to the WCG discount, need-based Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
- To enroll or request additional information: Please contact the Workforce & Continuing Education Plecker Center at (540) 453-2215.
Tuition reimbursement for recent CNA traning is also available upon employment at VMRC.
Employee Benefits at VMRC
VMRC employees, who work more than 20 hours per week, may select from the following benefit options (eligibility requirements apply to some insurance benefits):
- Health care insurance (with prescription drug coverage)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending plan for medical and dependent care reimbursement (includes a company contribution)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Long-Term Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tax-sheltered 403(b) retirement plan (company match after 1-year of employment)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- On campus credit union
- Reduced meal prices at the Main Street Cafe
- Discounted membership to the VMRC Wellness Center
- Partial to full reimbursement is available for renewal of nursing certifications
Human Resources Team
Director of Organizational Development
Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Specialist
HR / Safety Manager
Peggy McHugh, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Vice President of Support Services
Shawn Printz, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
PHONE: (540) 438-4225Close
FAX: (540) 438-4238
Tobacco Free Campus
Since October 1, 2015 VMRC has been a tobacco-free environment. The use of tobacco, smokeless tobacco, and any other product used to simulate smoking is prohibited by residents, employees, visitors, volunteers, vendors, and contractors on our campus and adjoining property.
VMRC is committed to promoting wellness, health, and safety for those served and employed on our campus. By making our campus tobacco free, we are providing a healthy living and working environment.Close
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment opportunities are available to all qualified individuals without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disabilities or veteran status.Close