Our Care Philosophy
We are committed to transforming long-term care for elders, and by doing so, rid helplessness, loneliness and boredom from elders’ lives. We have embarked on a journey to create the best possible lifestyle for residents receiving Assisted Living and Complete Living Care by changing care models and environments. We believe these changes will enable residents to experience enriched living that models the comforts of home. We also are committed to improving the working environment for our outstanding caregivers.
VMRC is committed to making changes to create more comfortable homes for residents that are less institutional than traditional assisted living communities and nursing care centers:
- We’ve eliminated a large portion of the institutional nurses’ stations in order to transform the central living room into a more homelike environment.
- We’ve implemented steam table dining to replace meals delivered on tray carts, improving temperature and quality, as well as giving residents more meal choices.
- We’ve sponsored staff training and development opportunities to encourage their professional growth.
- We’ve redecorated the activities rooms and dining rooms to create more homelike environments and to facilitate made-to-order meals.
- We’ve refinished the living and dining rooms in a bright, cheery color scheme, under the direction of a professional designer.
- We’ve added more small group social opportunities on neighborhoods.
- We’ve made it easier for residents and employees to enjoy shared mealtimes.
- We are focusing on socials between residents and caregivers.
- We are changing our language from medical terminology to words you would use in your home. We serve “residents” who live in “neighborhoods,” not “patients” living on “nursing wings.”