Good Samaritan Fund & Compassion Endowment
Helping our neighbors in need
Fortunately, we’re living longer than ever before. Unfortunately, not everyone has sufficient assets to keep up with their longevity.
While Medicaid covers part of the daily care expenses, it is only for eligible low-income recipients and covers only a portion of their long-term care—and only after their personal assets have been depleted.
As a faith-based community, VMRC values providing compassionate care for our members no matter what - including the inability to pay. But, we can’t do it alone. It takes a community: the combined efforts and generosity of family, church, friends, VMRC members, and government aid—through our Good Samaritan Fund and Compassion Endowment.
These two funds assist 28-35 residents annually who experience a daily shortfall with low income and Medicaid in our Complete Living Care 24-hour skilled nursing residence—Woodland Park.
Your gift for compassion care provides:
• quality health services delivered by caring staff
• nutritious meals in a social atmosphere
• laundry services for clean clothes and linens
• comfortable, secure, pleasant surroundings
• health and wellness activities
• crafts, activities, and engaging programs
• spiritual care and on-campus worship services
For more information, contact Kate Renalds, firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-564-3493.