Helping you prepare for joint replacement surgery.
VMRC's PreHab Services is a physician-referred exercise program designed to get you the best possible outcomes post surgery. Research shows that patients who exercise before surgery are more likely to be discharged sooner than those patients who do not exercise before surgery. Not only will you get home sooner with PreHab, but your post-surgery success will also be greater.
PreHab is open to patients who have a physician's referral and a surgery date scheduled within the next six weeks and includes:
- 30-minute sessions twice per week for four weeks
- Pre and post fitness evaluations under the supervision of a clinical exercise physiologist
- Access to VMRC Wellness Center's Olympic-size pool and spa
- Access to full exercise amenities at VMRC Wellness Center upon medical clearance
- Pre-surgery preparation at a convenient location
- Non-insurance based payment
- VMRC Wellness Center Members: $40
- Non-Members: $50