Welcome to the VMRC Wellness Center
Helping You Achieve More Than Just Physical Fitness
Wellness Center Closure Status - Read MoreThe VMRC Wellness Center is currently closed to community members.Beginning Monday, July 6, the Wellness Center will will open our doors to VMRC resident members only. These are persons who live on campus at VMRC. Our hours of operation will be Monday through Friday from 7:00 am-4:00 pm. We will only be open by appointment and members must reserve a piece of equipment prior to arriving at the Wellness Center. Appointments include the use of the pool; however, the hot tub is still closed. The maximum number of persons we will have utilizing the facility during any given half-hour will be four.Social distancing will be practiced at all times and masks must be worn to the Wellness Center and until members have arrived at their destination within the center. Once the exercise is complete, masks must be put back on for departure. Staff will be monitoring the facility, cleaning the equipment and communicating with members from a 10-foot distance (while exercising).VMRC takes very seriously the responsibility of protecting our residents from the COVID-19 virus. We are following all CDC and Virginia Heath Department guidelines for senior living facilities. Within those recommendations, visitors are not yet permitted into our buildings.We miss our community members and look forward to welcoming you back as soon as it is safe to do so!Keep moving, keep growing, and keep living fully!Close
At the VMRC Wellness Center, we take a holistic approach that promotes your physical, emotional, social, mental and spiritual well-being. The Wellness Center is cozy enough to make you feel like you’re among supportive family but large enough to feature all of the health and state-of-the-art equipment you’d expect. We welcome people of all fitness levels and abilities.
Enjoy the perks of membership:
- Membership is open to people who are 50 and older that reside in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County and beyond.
- Every membership includes a one-on-one personal wellness assessment and exercise prescription to provide you with a safe and effective approach to your overall wellness.
- Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms with fresh towels, private dressing rooms, showers with shampoo and body wash, hair dryers, individual lockers and more.
- Massage Therapy available for an additional fee.
- PreHab Services are available for an additional, discounted fee.
For your convenience, the Wellness Center is open the following hours:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
6:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
(Pool closes at 6:45 p.m.)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays:
7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
(Pool closes at 6:45 p.m.)
7:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
(Pool closes at noon.)
- Sundays: Closed